The littlest (and cutest) angel!
First thing Christmas morning we headed to Jason's parents house where we saw that Santa definitely stopped! Brit got this darling little kitchen with lots of food accessories and she LOVES it! I knew she would! It has already kept her entertained for hours. After a little while we headed to my parent's where we met up with my brother and sister in law. They returned from 4 months in China shortly before Christmas, and had fun gifts for everyone because of all the great shopping there. We opened presents from my family and had a yummy breakfast. I was so surprised with a Kitchenaid mixer from my man and a ticket from my parents to see Wicked in July at Gammage! My sister also got a ticket for Christmas, and my Aunt already had one for her and my Grandma to come too. I can't wait! Christmas in July!
Ready to run in to the tree! Aunt Courtney, cousin Tristen, Brit and cousin Kaden
Stickers with Nana
In the afternoon, we headed home to shower and get ready while Brittney took a nap. We then went to my other grandparents' for a huge buffet of food and some fun games. Brittney and my cousin Rylee ran around and had a great time together. The boys played their traditional poker game too. We finished off the evening back at the Packers' for more food and games. Brittney is in love with her new fishing game. It's been around since I was a kid! I am so grateful to our families for their kindness and generosity. I am always amazed at all the fun surprises on Christmas morning. It will never get old for me!
My awesome brother with his awesome beard...he didn't shave the whole time they were in China!
Ta Da!
The wonderful thing about the week of Christmas and New years is that Jason not only had a 2 week break from school, but also nearly a 2 week break from work, too! With some paid time off and the 2 holidays in there, he only worked 2 days one week and 1 the next. He works so hard for us and I know he often gets burned out, so I am so glad he was able to just be home. It sure was hard for him to go back!
We rang in the New Year pretty quietly with Jason's family. We played rock band and stuffed ourselves until midnight, then toasted with sparkling cider. Brittney did NOT like all the noisemakers and yelling at 12. She panicked, so we took her outside where she didn't like hearing the occasional firework pop from the neighbors either. It wasn't a great photo op. We all slept in the next day, then went over to my grandparents' for my Grandma Judd's famous homemade noodles. We usually only have them Jan 1st, so they are a treat. We watched football and played more games, and I even tried playing poker with the boys. I didn't do too bad, either.
Trying her best to give mom a smile
Rockin' out on the drums
Cheese!
Sweet hugs
The next day we drove to Show Low to stay with Jason's family at his grandparent's house. Good thing we were prepared because it was cold! There was still a little snow on the ground there, but it was very icy and muddy, so not super fun. This was the first time Brit has seen snow, though.
SNOW!!!
We lounged around and played games and watched movies. Saturday afternoon, a few of us went shooting. I brought Brit with us to get her out of the house. She was cold, so she sat in the truck and ate oreos. Healthy? NO. Happy? YES!
Look at this...15 year old attitude from my 2 year old!
Sunday when we woke up the world was all white again! There was fresh powder on the ground and it snowed all day. That made for an interesting time trying to pack up and go home. Jason's grandparent's live at the bottom of a steep hill, and no one's vehicle has 4 wheel drive, except for his grandpa's truck, so thankfully the guys had parked the cars at Walmart the night before. We loaded the truck a couple of times with luggage and people to shuttle us out. I can't say I enjoyed the first 40 minutes of the drive home because of the snow. It makes me nervous to travel in it. After a little while it turned to rain and I could relax again.
We sure had fun over the holidays! We love spending time with our families and taking part in all the great traditions. We are so, so blessed to have family that is so loving, generous and supportive. I sure am sad that it's over. Brittney is still talking about Santa, and "pretty lights" and singing 'jingle bells'. I just can't believe 2009 is here! There will be lots of changes for our family this year. Brittney will have a lots of transitioning and adjusting as we welcome a baby and she becomes a big sister. Hopefully before I get too huge, we will find a home to buy. We are excited about that prospect and have been waiting a long time for a place to call our own. We have set some goals as a family, and are ready to start fresh with a few things. My biggest hope for this New Year is that this slow economy will turn around, so the people we love will have the jobs and income they need. I hope all is well with our friends and family, and wish everyone a Happy New Year!

3 comments:
I totally almost called you this morning!! How the heck are you feeling? Are you like 20 weeks already? What are you having???? Okay that post was awesome. I can NOT get over Brit in that attitude picture...oh my heck!!! Bryant got a shotgun too, so I guess they will have to go shootin!!! I also have some good news, but you will just have to call me! haha!! Talk to you soon!
HAPPY NEW YEAR! I CANT GET OVER TYLER'S BEARD:) THATS SO FUNNY!
Can you believe next christmas post you will have 2 kids? Looks like you guys had a blast!
Post a Comment