CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

3.20.2009

Zoo fun with Papa and Nana

Yesterday Brittney and I took a last minute trip to the zoo and I invited my parents to come along. I have had a zoo pass for the last year and loved it, so we renewed it, and with a couple of coupons, everyone got in FREE!!! Can't beat that! The beautiful thing about a pass is that you don't feel like you have to stay the entire day to get your $$$ worth. We had to take a shuttle from a nearby parking lot because the zoo parking lot was full, but, they were very accommodating and pretty quick, so it wasn't bad. I was wondering if it would be too warm, but there was a decent breeze outside.

We had a lot of fun! Brit was excited to see the animals, but for some reason when we got there and started walking around, she wouldn't stop talking about seeing the zebras! It was like "OK, I saw it, now where are the zebras?!" Funny girl, she's never wanted to see any one animal that bad before. We went into the monkey village and were waiting our turn to get up close. We saw a couple of monkeys and then Brit noticed some other kids there looking too. Pretty soon she was deep in 2 year old conversation with the girl next to her, just being as friendly as can be. At that point she didn't care at all about the monkeys. My little girl is so social! It was great having Papa and Nana there with us to share the fun. I just love the relationship Brittney has with them. They are so good to humor her and give her lots of attention, even when she's being a little demanding of their time. I appreciate that they are so good to her and spoil her, and yet know when enough is enough. She absolutely ADORES each of them, and there is not a day that goes by without her asking if we are going to Nana's house. They often even come up in her make believe world as she is animating her little toys. It's so cute and sweet.

Counting the giraffes...

So sweet! I love it.

She's a happy girl. Finally...the zebras!

I LOVE my girl!

I hope to get in one more trip to the zoo before it's unbearably hot. Hopefully our favorite hard-working daddy can come, too. Thanks mom and dad for joining us for a few hours. We loved the company and the chance to get out of the house on a nice day.

3 comments:

Megs said...

I just went to the zoo for our class field trip...haven't been there since I was super little. I actually quite enjoyed it!! I told Chad that we need to take our bikes there and ride around:) What a fun day it looks like you had!!

S and B H. said...

Fun!! Love it when parents can come! We need to get together, but I may be having a kid next week, so it would have to be this week!!!

Emilee said...

cute! love that zoo, even though i dont remember much of it. your parents look great!
so do you keep in touch with amy, oh, now i totally lost her name, but her husband died a few months ago? she played softball with us...i have been thinking a lot about her...