
Yesterday was Jason's birthday. If it were up to him, we would have just forgotten that little detail and had a perfectly normal day, but I couldn't let
that happen. To start, Brittney woke up at 7:30 am (which is early for her based on what time she went to bed) and was in her crib, shouting at the top of her lungs in her most excited voice, "Daddy's Birthday! Daddy's Birthday!" It was so sweet, it was just early. She talked about his birthday all day long. When I got the stuff to make a cake for him, I let Brit pick out the frosting with the sprinkles and also some candles. This was not for Jason, mind you, but for his little helper who I knew would be anxious to assist her daddy with the celebration. When I told her we were going home to take a nap after running some errands, she just cried and cried, as if she were going to miss something on daddy's special day. Jason and I enjoyed Olive Garden for dinner and did a little shopping. When it was time for dessert, I let Brit help with the frosting and sprinkles and she was standing there at the counter singing the happy birthday song the whole time. I told Jason he should be flattered, since his daughter was more excited about his birthday than he was :) We sang to Jason and he opened a present and Brit loved it. We have had a lot of birthdays in our family over the past few months, and she's starting to understand them except now she always thinks her birthday is tomorrow :).
I am so thankful for Jason, though I probably do not tell him enough. He is a wonderful husband and such a good daddy. He is such a big help to me with whatever I need, and I just couldn't do it without him. It melts my heart to watch him in action with Brittney. He is so loving and patient with her. He is my best friend and I am so grateful to have him forever! Love you, babe!
2 comments:
Ah hahaha! Brittney's smile is cracking me up! She looks so excited, she can barely contain it! Haha, kiddos make everything funner, even turning another year older!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! We will have to celebrate in a few weeks with ya! Oh Brittney is just a cutie!
Post a Comment