On Friday Jason and I went to a murder mystery party at my cousin's house. It was 1920's themed, ya know the era of flapper girls and gangsters. We've never been to anything like it before and had a blast! We were encouraged to dress the part to fit in with the 20's, and although that was a little out of my comfort zone (ok, both our comfort zones!), it turned out great. I spent a few dollars making a super cute headband, but the rest we either already had or borrowed. Everyone else looked great too, and when we walked in I was put at ease to see everyone else dressed up. I guess it's been a long time since I've been trick-or-treating, huh? :) We enjoyed some great food, and a bar with a drink menu, virgin, of course. There were posters on the wall, 1920's music and even a poker table set up. It was so perfect!
We were given roles to play ahead of time, with info on our character and others that we weren't supposed to share with anyone. The event was the opening of the 4 Deuces, a speakeasy, and we were all there to celebrate. As the night progressed, we were given more info that we were allowed to share in order to talk with different people to try to find out who the killer was. I had a hard time staying in character at times because some people we doing too good of a job acting. At the end of the night there we prizes given out for finding the killer, best dressed and best actor. It was definately a fun, unique party and I'd love to do it again sometime. We really had a fun group of people and Crystal and Peter did such a good job hosting. Thanks for such a fun night guys, or should I say Madame Meme and Don Wannabe!
And now for the pictures...
3.10.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Oh my gosh, how FUN!! Everyone's costumes look fantastic! Wow, jealous!
that looks so fun! i have never done one and have always wanted to. everyones costumes are great!
everyone looks so cute! sounds like fun!!
YOu guys look so cute - what a fun night!!! i LOVE YOUR HEADBAND.
We did this as a Priest/Laurel activity last year! It was so fun! You guys ALL look great! Great costumes!
I have done that once before with some single ward friends. It was a blast!! We will have to do something like that together!! I will get Ash and Kara. It would be so much fun!!
how fun is that! you are super cute! I got his pictures done at target
Post a Comment