CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2.26.2009

Simple mathematics

Tossing and turning to get comfortable because I can't sleep on my tummy
{along with my arms always falling asleep because I have to sleep on my side}
+
a lingering, non-productive, tickle-in-my-throat cough
+
heartburn somethin' fierce
+
going to the bathroom no less than 17 times per hour
+
my darling 2 year old up {for good} this morning at 5:30
=
no sleep for me!

So yeah, last night was, uh, BAD!!! I was having my own sleep issues, as mentioned above, before my babe decided to rise well before the sun for no apparent reason. I might have teared up briefly to my sweetie this morning, that I didn't know how I was going to get through this day. On his way out the door, he told our daughter to be extra good for momma today, with lots of hugs and kisses.
{and she was}.

And then, this afternoon, the clouds parted, and the heavens opened and I got a phone call that is going to make a big difference for us over the next few months. It had to do with insurance, and, well, lets just say that it's one big huge load off my tired little shoulders. I have just one word for this:
HALLELUJAH!

{And thank goodness that some days that start bad still end up ok. More than ok.}

3 comments:

Becca said...

I know how you feel! Some nights its one babe im up with and if its not him its usually the other. Your body is helping you prepare for those soon to come nights of no sleep. Hang in there! So glad you have a great little girl who makes those rough nights turn into great days!!

Brittany Owens said...

Hey! I am glad that I found your blog too? How fun. Brit really is super cute!

tiffany knox said...

a sigh of relief. I remember the days when you got some rest during the day or night! we are constantly taking kids back to their rooms all night. I swear Im going to miss it all someday though. what are you naming him?