Last night we had a fun outing with my family to see the Temple Lights. We've been so excited to take Brittney since she notices all the Christmas lights everywhere we go. She loved it, especially the big star at the nativity scene, and cried in my dad's arms when it was time to go. Then we were treated to dinner at Gecko Grill! Mmmm! It was kind of a celebration for my parent's anniversary, which is Monday, and my birthday which is next Saturday. We had a great time. Thanks Mom and Dad!
Lately you could say that my emotions have been very close to the surface...I'm going to blame that on being pregnant, though my husband might protest that :) Late last night I ran to Walmart for a few things before Sunday. On the way home I found myself tearing up as I listened to the words in the last verse of 'Away in a Manger':
Be near me Lord Jesus, I ask Thee to stay,
Close by me forever, and love me I pray.
Bless all the dear children in Thy tender care,
And fit us for Heaven to live with Thee there.
Though I have heard them many times before, I was so touched by these words! I thought at that moment about how I always want Jesus to be near me and always love me. Then I was reminded that love is exactly what Christmas is all about.
"For God so loved the world,that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish,
but have everlasting life."
-John 3:16
It is because our Heavenly Father loves us so much that he gave his only Son to be crucified so we could return to heaven again someday. He has given us the greatest gift any of us will ever receive. While it is so fun and easy to get caught up in the commercialism of Christmas, I hope we can all remember the true meaning for the season, and to remember to that our Father in Heaven for the greatest gift, the gift of His Son.

2 comments:
Stephanie, you guys are doing a great job! What a beautiful little girl you have. AND by the way, CONGRATULATIONS!!! My sister, Beka, informed me and I had to check out the latest on your blog!
Anna
Hey Stephanie, Will you send me your address? Jillranae@gmail.com.
Thanks Girl!
Sad I couldn't make it to the Girls day today, I for sure will see you all next sunday :)
Post a Comment