Wow, I haven't updated in a long time! The week and a half leading up to Thanksgiving were so busy for us! I don't remember being that busy in a long time. I had to spend most of this week going to bed early to recover from it all. Here's the run-down on the Packer happenings over Thanksgiving...
Wednesday-I went in for a Dr's appointment and got to hear the baby's heartbeat! It was such an amazing sound and made this pregnancy feel so much more real! That night we had our annual Judd Thanksgiving dinner with my mom's side of the family. Years ago my grandparent's started doing their dinner Wednesday night, so their kids didn't have to choose between families on Thanksgiving. Our family has gotten too big for any one's house, so the last few years we have had it at a church building. As always, the food and company were great!

Thursday-Turkey Day! I spent the morning making pies with my dad, um, ok ,well HE made the pies and I watched and learned, then got to take my own home! YUM! My dad's peach pie will change your life! Then we had lunch with my dad's side of the family. We stayed and visited for a while and Brittney had such a fun time with cousins she doesn't even really know. It was cute. Then we headed to Jason's aunt and uncle's house to meet up with the Packers for more yummy food. Brittney, again, had a great time playing with the kids. She's at such a fun age!

Friday-Jason's brother, Kyle, and his fiancee, Jen, were married in the Mesa Temple. We were so glad to be there in the Temple for their sealing. Aunt Courtney brought Brittney to the Temple for some pictures. We attempted a naps at home, to no avail, then got all dolled up for the reception. Brittney was darling in her dress, but I don't have any pictures yet to show. The church building was so beautifully decorated and the food was delish! Jen and Kyle make such a cute couple and seem so happy together! I'm so excited to have her for a sister-in-law! Congrats newlyweds!
Saturday-Jason's grandpa's family has a reunion every year on this Saturday. This is actually the first time I've been able to go in 6 years! We ate lunch, played volleyball, and Brittney even got to ride 2 horses. She was scared to at first, but saw one of her cousins do it, and bravely got on for a ride with Jason's grandpa. She loved it! Later she also got to ride the little pony all by herself. She's getting so big! That night we went with the Packers to Jester's, the improv comedy club. It's all ages appropriate, and so funny. Because if the late night and early church the next morning, Brittney actually spent the night at my parent's house since they babysat for us. It was her first time sleeping in a big girl bed all by herself, and my mom said she did great! This gives me hope for the upcoming transition. :)

Sunday-We had our usual Church stuff, wonderful 3 hours naps in the afternoon, and then headed over dinner and gift opening by the newlyweds. We visited their new apartment and unloaded gifts. That night we totally crashed after a busy few days!
Both Jason and Brittney have been sick this week, I'm sure partly from lack of sleep! I've been hoping that my prenatal vitamins are enough to keep me healthy. We are gearing up for Christmas and hoping to have our stuff up this weekend. Brittney is in love with all Christmas lights. I hope to do some fun family activities in the next few weeks to really enjoy this time of year. I don't ever want the holidays to be over, BUT my next appointment is Jan 2nd, so hopefully we'll know then if it's a boy or girl!
Wednesday-I went in for a Dr's appointment and got to hear the baby's heartbeat! It was such an amazing sound and made this pregnancy feel so much more real! That night we had our annual Judd Thanksgiving dinner with my mom's side of the family. Years ago my grandparent's started doing their dinner Wednesday night, so their kids didn't have to choose between families on Thanksgiving. Our family has gotten too big for any one's house, so the last few years we have had it at a church building. As always, the food and company were great!

Thursday-Turkey Day! I spent the morning making pies with my dad, um, ok ,well HE made the pies and I watched and learned, then got to take my own home! YUM! My dad's peach pie will change your life! Then we had lunch with my dad's side of the family. We stayed and visited for a while and Brittney had such a fun time with cousins she doesn't even really know. It was cute. Then we headed to Jason's aunt and uncle's house to meet up with the Packers for more yummy food. Brittney, again, had a great time playing with the kids. She's at such a fun age!

Friday-Jason's brother, Kyle, and his fiancee, Jen, were married in the Mesa Temple. We were so glad to be there in the Temple for their sealing. Aunt Courtney brought Brittney to the Temple for some pictures. We attempted a naps at home, to no avail, then got all dolled up for the reception. Brittney was darling in her dress, but I don't have any pictures yet to show. The church building was so beautifully decorated and the food was delish! Jen and Kyle make such a cute couple and seem so happy together! I'm so excited to have her for a sister-in-law! Congrats newlyweds!
Saturday-Jason's grandpa's family has a reunion every year on this Saturday. This is actually the first time I've been able to go in 6 years! We ate lunch, played volleyball, and Brittney even got to ride 2 horses. She was scared to at first, but saw one of her cousins do it, and bravely got on for a ride with Jason's grandpa. She loved it! Later she also got to ride the little pony all by herself. She's getting so big! That night we went with the Packers to Jester's, the improv comedy club. It's all ages appropriate, and so funny. Because if the late night and early church the next morning, Brittney actually spent the night at my parent's house since they babysat for us. It was her first time sleeping in a big girl bed all by herself, and my mom said she did great! This gives me hope for the upcoming transition. :)

Sunday-We had our usual Church stuff, wonderful 3 hours naps in the afternoon, and then headed over dinner and gift opening by the newlyweds. We visited their new apartment and unloaded gifts. That night we totally crashed after a busy few days!
Both Jason and Brittney have been sick this week, I'm sure partly from lack of sleep! I've been hoping that my prenatal vitamins are enough to keep me healthy. We are gearing up for Christmas and hoping to have our stuff up this weekend. Brittney is in love with all Christmas lights. I hope to do some fun family activities in the next few weeks to really enjoy this time of year. I don't ever want the holidays to be over, BUT my next appointment is Jan 2nd, so hopefully we'll know then if it's a boy or girl!

No comments:
Post a Comment