It has been a very relaxing weekend for us, which is what we needed it to be! Friday the 4th was pretty low-key. We went for a swim with my family and took advantage of my in-laws' pool since they were out of town. It was HOT outside so the pool felt great! After a stop at Ned's for some subs, we went home for a quite afternoon of lunch and naps. That evening we had a BBQ at my parent's house. It just wouldn't be the 4th with out hot dogs and potato salad:) I wanted to try and go see fireworks, thinking that Brittney would just love them, but the evening got late so we didn't go anywhere. We did attempt to do a few small fireworks in the backyard, but it was windy and not all that exciting. Instead of liking the fireworks, Brittney flipped out and wanted nothing to do with them! The poor girl was shaking and crying. I guess that was not such a good idea. Later that night my dad, Jason and I played a game of Catan with Cities and Knights. It's one of our favorite games but we haven't played in a long time. Jason kicked our butts and I never even had a chance!
Saturday was a lazy day. We slept in and Jason and Brittney stayed at home while I ran a few errands. That evening we went for another swim. I was so proud of Brittney in the pool! She was a little fish and is getting so much more comfortable in the water. She was having fun going under the water with daddy, blowing bubbles, kicking her legs and jumping off the step in the pool to both of us. I don't have her in any swimming lessons (next year) but I think she's doing really well. Later we splurged and had dinner at Applebee's, got ice cream at Nielson's and rented a couple of movies.
Yesterday we pretty much hung out until church. There were only 8 kids in Nursery today and I must admit it was pretty nice. Last night we went to Jason's parents for Indian Fry bread. YUM! (One of the best things about the weekend was no cooking for me!)
It was a great weekend! It was so nice to have the whole weekend together as a family without any interruptions. I wish we could have more of those! Hope everyone had a happy 4th!
7.07.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Sounds like a great weekend! It was nice at our house too! Chad and had Thursday and Friday off so we had a long weekend to spend together. We saw Hancock!! Good movie!! Im going to be spending a lot of my extra time getting my classroom ready but let me know if there is an afternoon that is good for lunch and I will get a break:)
how fun! nothing like swimmin and eatin subs! YUM! and yes I think we have your address... invites should be on there way out for the shower. thanks
Hey long lost friend!! Good to hear from you! So, yeah I think you need to come and see my place and we need to go play! I love paying!!
Glad you had so much fun! Ned's sounds so good! Make sure to keep updating, blogging is all I have!
Post a Comment