CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

6.28.2008

A rough day...

Today was not a fun day at our house! Brittney, well, let's just say she was having some bathroom troubles and was understandably not happy about it! She was up once in the night and then early this morning and was just crying and crying. Poor thing, her cry was just so sad and I could tell she was in a lot of pain. I kept trying to pump her full of liquids, but that was a challenge because she didn't want anything. Throughout the day we had to distract her with 2 baths, lots of books and 4-5 reruns of the same Elmo movie. I think Jason now has the movie memorized, like I do. This was one of those times when I would have given anything to take her pain away as her mom. I was in tears twice today because she was having such a rough time and nothing I did made her feel any better.

Thankfully, the day ended much more peacefully than it started. After finally getting some relief, Brittney fell asleep for a short nap in my arms, and I enjoyed every minute of holding her close as she slept. When she went to bed tonight she was tired but back to her happy self. Thank goodness that's over!

5 comments:

Shelli said...

Steph,
She looks just like you did when you were little....I thought for sure she was all "Packer" but she reminds me a lot of you in this pic. Sweet Bany...I am glad she is feeling better!

mimiscraps said...

Ohh good! I am so glad she is feeling better! And I am sure you are relieved! Have a fun relaxing weekend!

Jennifer said...

Hi Stephanie
Okay I love it here in castlegate the community and the ward. Everyone is so nice and it's so family oriented. Everyone just chills outside with the kids. You can actually let your kids play outside and not have to worry so much. I have to say though there aren't as many young couples like us as there was in adobe, but for the most part everyone is still pretty young. Like 40's and under. The community is very active. Like everyone take turns having kiddy pool parties at their house. theres just all kinds of stuff. No bunco though :( They have a game group but not as fun as our group. Well I hope I helped you out if you have any more questions just let me know.

tiffany knox said...

hey girl! I ran into your parents the other night and they gave me your number. did you get my message? lets get together! I feel your pain with the sick kiddo situation

SunGood said...

Bless her little heart!!! I totally know what you mean when you wish you could just take the pain away for her! I'm so glad she is feeling much better!