CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

11.02.2007

Halloween fun!

It's hard to believe that Halloween has come and gone. Brittney and I went to hang with Nana and Papa. We were kinda bummed because Jason had school. The teacher in his Wednesday night class gave a test (he had 4 this week!) and then made the class stick around for lecture after the test! What a witch (haha) I bet a lot of people who take night classes have families, and she wouldn't even let them leave early on Halloween. Anyway, my dad made some yummy chili and cornbread and we hung out in the driveway and passed out candy. Brittney was a cute little pumpkin. My mom made the costume years ago and my brother and I both wore it when we were little. Vintage I guess! There is a little hat that goes with it, but do you think I could get her to wear it for even one picture? NO! I am quickly learning that there is no reasoning/bargaining with a 1.5ish year old girl! Brit was very content to dig through the candy bowl and say hi and blow kisses to anyone and everyone who walked by. She is a very social and friendly girl. We went for a short walk and she was oohing and ahhing at all the trick-or-treators and the Halloween decorations. I wan't wait to see her reaction to Christmas lights! My dad carved an awesome pumpkin, too. It was fun enjoying the beautiful night and some good food and snapping a few pictures! Here are some of my cute pumpkin :)







I broke down and gave Brittney a sucker and she loved it. What's Halloween for, right? The third picture is her and my dad, the fouth picture is cousin Rylee uncle Tanner and Brit and the last picture is Brit and my mom. We had a fun time!

2 comments:

Jenni Sue said...

You gave her only ONE sucker? You're a lot better Mom than I am!! Sucks that your hubby had school--I ditched my class! Looks like you guys had fun anyway!

Mikelle said...

Ha Ha, I was going to say exactly what Jenni did. She only had one?! My parents & Jakes grandparents LOADED my kids up! I threw all the candy away the next day caz I was SO sick of Hannah whinning for it. Also, I know how it feels to be husband-less on halloween because of good ol' school(not this yr. luckily-but EVERY other year since Jake started school!). I don't know why teachers do that & it does seem like they know people will be ditching so they make it extra hard to miss, like having a test-what jerks! I had SO much fun w/ you at bunco-MAN I wish I was still in that ward!!!!!!!