9.15.2007
It finally happened!
Well, after much anticipation and waiting, last night Brittney took 5 or 6 steps all by herself! She's been really close to walking for a while now, and I can tell that when she sees the other kids running around that's she's just dying to join them, especially at church! She was standing up at the entertainment center, where she hangs out a lot, and all of the sudden she turned around and started walking toward Jason who was sitting a few feet away. I turned around and saw the last 3 steps and then Jason grabbed her and we both started totally freaking out. We clapped our hands and screamed for joy and I'm not so sure she knew exactly what it was all about. We then tried in vain for like the next hour to get her to do it again, and learned that she's certainly not going to do it until she's good and ready. She has already done it again 2 times this morning. It's official now...she's not my baby anymore, she's definitely a little girl and I must say that I'm kinda sad about that :( I don't have any pics of the blessed even because it happened so suddenly and I just can't predict when she'll do it again. They say not to be proud, but I'm throwin that out the window momentarily while I bask in the happiness of the first few steps. Go Brit!
Labels:
One proud mama
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
YAY!!! That is so fun!! That is a huge phase in your baby's life!!! She is adorable!!!!!
Steph and Jason,
Take advanage op the many first you will have with your sweet Brit. Beleive me they grow up way to fast. Take from and old 70yr old grandma. She is soooo cute. I'm glad I can be a part of her life.
I love you,
Grandma Judd
hey you dinger!
Seriously i laughed so hard when you said that! I will come and stop by sometime at the barn! I am sooo busy its ridiculous! But seriously little b is so cute! I am glad we can keep in touch with this blogging now :)
love,
the dinger
Post a Comment