CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

4.25.2009

Long story, good news!

Since my last day of work one week ago, my life has only gotten busier...we are now in the process of buying our first home! Tuesday morning we got the call that the house we have been waiting on and hoping for is ours. We put our offer in on February 2nd and it didn't get accepted until April 21st. We knew it might be a long process going in, because it is a short sale, but let me tell ya, there's nothing short about it! It's a darling little home in Gilbert, with a GREAT location. I won't give the cross streets here, since my blog isn't private, but will share it with anyone who wants to know through email. It's a perfect first home for our little family and we just couldn't be more excited!

We have waited a very long time to buy. There was a condo we put an offer on a few years ago, but neither one of us felt good about it and we are so glad we waited. From the moment we walked in to look at this house, I knew it was where we should be. We saw the house on a Saturday and all offers were due the following Monday. As it turned out, that day was a terrible day for me! As we were trying to get papers signed, there were so many things that went wrong. We couldn't get a hold of our mortgage guy for an important form and then we ran out of printer ink just minutes before I was supposed to be at work, which put us past the deadline set by the seller. I finally had to go print papers at my parent's house and then submitted them, thinking there was no way our offer would be in the running because it was late. As I drove to work I teared up at the thought of not even being considered for this home. A few days later we found out that our offer was the one they wanted, and the rest is history!

Possibly the craziest part of all of this is that we close on the house in 2.5 weeks, which will be exactly 2 weeks before my due date! We are cutting it close for sure, but it will be worth it. We have already been busy cleaning and de-junking to get ready to move. I have put my baby shopping on hold to shop for paint, appliances and carpet instead. There are a few things to do at the house before it will be move in ready, so we are trying to be as prepared as we can. I only hope that this little one will stay put long enough to allow me a few days to prepare for him once the move is complete. I also hope my body will allow me to do all I can during this time.

On a separate note, we had a bit of a scare with Brittney today. She and I were watching my little brother in the state tennis finals this afternoon. My mom, who also happens to be the coach, was there watching him and a couple of other boys. After Tanner's match my mom sent me on a happy hour Sonic run and kept Brittney there with her. Right before I came back, Brit was running after a tennis ball, when a huge gust of wind blew over a large metal table onto her that had been leaning up against a wall. My mom was just a few feet away and didn't see it happen, but then she heard her scream. She ran over and lifted the table off of her and someone helped pick her up. I guess she was crying hard, and obviously in some pain. She was slightly hunched over and kind of grunting as she breathed, like something was wrong. My mom handed her off to me and I took her home to rest. I wanted to watch her for a little while before making the decision to go to the doctor. She seemed ok at home, but after taking a little nap, she was in some obvious pain in her stomach area, so we took her in. She was very happy and acting normal in the waiting room. The doc checked her out very thoroughly and asked lots of questions and determined she just had some muscle pain. She said that all the worrisome symptoms would have shown up within the first 4 hours, and we hadn't seen any of them. I was really worried it was a broken rib, a back problem or even her kidneys with the way my mom said the table landed on her side. She has been fine for the rest of the night. I'm so thankful she's ok! Talk about a freak accident!

Holy cow! May is going to be one amazing month for us! Having a baby and buying a home are huge events separately, but we are doing them back to back! I wish I could snap my fingers and make this move just happen. If I can just keep my eye on the prize I know the next few weeks won't be so bad. Thank heaven for our wonderful families who have already been a great help to us. Hopefully I'll have a computer set up and running in time to post about the baby!

10 comments:

tiffany knox said...

all the fun happenings. I hate the whole should I take them to the doctor dilemma...chris is taking ciera to the hospital this morning. she is very ill. I am nervous because we have a 6 day old baby that could have landons disorder and if he got something from her, it would be very bad news. these things happen and they are annoying so its good to have experiences like buying your first home and having a child and family vacations that balances things out. I hope to see you soon. that baby naming thing took us way too long hope you have better luck. not too much longer!

Becca said...

How exciting!! It is crazy to be havinga baby and moving. I hear ya. We were pretty much in the same boat with our first house and having Mason. It is crazy but will be worth it. I wanna see your house next time I come down. I just got back today from doing newborn pics for a friend but I will be there again soon. Cant wait to meet your little guy! good luck with the move.

Shayla said...

So happy for you guys that the house worked out! Awesome!! Good luck with all the moving & with baby boy's arrival!

Kelly Norton said...

Congratulations! Please let us know what we can do to help!

Durfee Family said...

Wow! Exciting news! Best of luck with the new house! That will be so fun!

Beka said...

Steph, thats exciting about the house although you ARE crazy to move that soon to being due:)--thank heavens for the church & family:) so email me the crossroads, we are actually supposed to also close on a hse in gilbert in a couple weeks! taylor_beka@yahoo.com

Taylor said...

Congrats on getting the house - what a month you have ahead of you! Good luck with it all. Adobe ward will miss you!

Kim said...

Stephanie,
You have so many exciting things to look forward to. Getting your first house is so fun. It's a totally different feel from renting. We are going to miss having you in the ward. I hope everything with the baby turns out great. Oh, the stories you will have after this is all over!!

mimiscraps said...

A Big CONGRATULATIONS on being a first home owner! I know you've tried for a while! How exciting!! Congratulations again! I am truly excited for you! Have fun with it, but take it easy too!

Livin' Wright said...

Congrats on the new home, I am so excied for you! I am even more excited for this little guy to come, I can't wait to see what he looks like.