Taking a break for lunch
These baboons walked right up to Brit at the glass and she got her own little show. It was fun!
Cute picture!
We got really close to the elephant!
One cool chick...
Brit was excited to ride the carousel, but wanted nothing to do with riding on one of the animals. She still loved it though, silly girl!
Saturday was pretty much an average Saturday, except for the fact that it was my LAST DAY AT WORK!!! Yep, I officially have absolutely no excuse for having a messy house. Really though, this is a day I have been waiting for since I started at my job when Brit was 3 months old. When I was pregnant with Brit, I thought I would be able to quit working and be a full time mom, and that we would just have to find a way to make things work financially. It wasn't long after having her that we came to realization that there was just no way that could happen. This was a realization that hit me very hard. I cried and cried and didn't know how I was supposed to leave my new baby and go to work. I remember sitting in my parent's bedroom, talking with my mom, just being so emotional and feeling so bad for myself over the whole thing. Without blinking an eye, my mom told me that if that was something I needed to do to help our income, then they would take Brit for me and find a way to make it work. I am ever so grateful to my mom for realizing my difficult situation in that moment and for so willingly volunteering herself and the rest of my family to help out a couple days a week. On a positive note, the resulting relationship that has blossomed between Brittney and my mom is one of the sweetest things I have ever seen. It has not been easy for me to run off to work 3 times a week for the last 2.5 years, but it has done my mind so much good knowing that she was in such capable hands. My family has been amazing and I just don't think I could thank them enough!
It will be a little bit strange not to work, but it is time and I am ready. Jason and I both feel that if we can tighten our belts a little and make a few changes then it will be possible for me to stay home with our kids. I am grateful to be able to do this and will not soon take for granted the blessing of being able to stay at home. I know this is where I need to be and I pray that the financial burden placed solely on Jason will not be more than he can handle.
I have much to do in these next few weeks before our little guy arrives! Less than 6 weeks to go! I have been feeling a little overwhelmed lately with my due date looming and still so much to do, but hopefully that will take care of itself soon. More on that later!


4 comments:
I bet brit is getting so excited to have a little brother. Cant wait to meet the little guy. If you want newborn pics let me know;) I am so happy for you that you get to stay home with your kids. Its such a blessing and I am sure brit will love having you all to herself for awhile before the baby gets here.
I so loved reading your post. I know that it is a great blessing that I am able to stay at home with our children. I also know the blessings this has brought to our home. It is a blessing that Brittany has been able to spend some extra time with her Nana/Papa and develop that special bond that they do have. I love how you have sought out the positives of having to work. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help, or if you just need to get out of the house. We'd love to get together! Lots of love,
Kelly
Ah I miss the Zoo! Fun!
I am so SO so happy for you that you are DONE working!! I know how hard it was for you, but major kuddos to you for doing it & not taking your new time at home for granted!
xoxo
OHH i didn't realize the time had come soo soon! I am happy for you! I hope all is well and you have a new little one soon! I hope to keep in touch with everyone, I've been a little caught up in my own medical drama for a bit, but I want to keep in touch with everyone. I wish you the very best! Keep in touch k!
Post a Comment