Tonight we went to my parent's for dinner and FHE and it sure was a good one! We try to get together with them on the 2nd Sunday each month. My parent's are so cute and creative--they know how much we all like Costa Vida, so tonight they MADE it for dinner and called it 'Costa Vida North'! They made everything...cilantro rice, beans they bottled themselves, sweet pork, mango salsa, the ranch dressing that is so good and even home grown lettuce. It was so delish! Of course, a fabulous meal like that wouldn't be complete without homemade sugar cookies, valentine style. My dad makes THE BEST I have ever tasted, and it's such a treat when he makes them. Brittney frosted a cookie, with daddy's help, and was really only interested in dumping more and more sprinkles on top :).
For a little FHE lesson, we watched a great movie called Fireproof. It's a Christian movie, and stays very close to what our church believes, too. It's about a couple whose marriage is falling apart and the steps they take to make it better. It's a VERY GOOD story and totally worth a rent. The principles taught in the movie are some we could all use!
On a separate note, we got a phone call this morning before church informing us that this would be our last Sunday in nursery! Honestly, I'm feeling kinda bittersweet about it. It hasn't been an easy calling for us-it's been frustrating at times and lots of work each week. But, I realized this morning that this will be the first time, since Brittney was born, that I will be without her in church! She went into nursery in December 2007, and like 2 weeks later, we were called as the nursery leaders. We haven't been called to anything, yet, so I guess now is the time to soak up Relief Society before the little one arrives! Wow, less than 16 weeks!
2.08.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Love that movie!! Congrats on no more nursery!!!! We need to get together!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey Steph... I have and OVERLOAD of boy clothes. My SIL is done having kids and she had 4 boys and she has just passed all the clothes on to me. I have so much that I haven't even gone through all of them and I certanily dont need all of them for future children either. (you know they grow out of things so fast I'd have to change oufits like 5 times a day to wear everything... thats a lot of laundry!) Would you like me to save them for you to look through maybe I could bring them to Easter or something... or if you want them sooner we can arrange something. I am still going through some boxes but I will hopfully get it done here in the next few weeks. Let me know!
Yay for no more nursery! What I wouldn't give to have that calling....or any calling for that matter!! I will have to check out that movie!! Sounds like a good one!
You guys did great, the kids will miss you in there. I'm not going to lie though, I'm glad to have you back in Relief Society.
Love that movie, kinda cheesy but a great message!! Love the Love Dare thing!! So cute!!
I'll miss seeing you guys in nursery, but I know that a break will be good too. I didn't ever pay attention- Congrats on the pregnancy! And thanks for looking in on our blog too!
totally remember the crawling out of the crib stage-anzlie did at at just 7 months so be glad you dont have a house full of daredevils! enjoy rs it helps when you need to prepare for a new one! what are you naming him?
Post a Comment