CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

8.28.2008

Amazing!

I have lived in the valley my whole life and even with all the monsoons I've been through I have never seen lightning like I saw tonight! The sky was a continuously lit up, one flash after another, for about 2 hours. It was never dark because there was so much. We stood out on the front porch watching it for a little bit while I took a few pictures. I didn't think Brittney would like it too much, but she wasn't bothered by it at all. I mentioned to Jason that it was kinda eerie, like the world was going to end or something. It was amazing!
We are excited to head up to Prescott tomorrow to my grandparent's cabin for the long weekend. We haven't been up there yet this summer and I'm so looking forward to it. We went up once last summer with my family, but Brittney wasn't even walking then, so I imagine that she'll be all over the place now. She really loves to be outside, so hopefully the weather will cooperate and give us a nice break from the heat. I hope to just sit outside all day and let her play. Maybe I will get to finish Breaking Dawn! :) Happy long weekend everyone!

4 comments:

Jessie and Byron said...

It was amazing wasn't it! I thought the same thing that it was so weird and scary!! Have a good weekend!

Shayla said...

Don't forget about the rolling thunder too! It was amazing, but yeah, totally scary. Have fun at the cabin, we'll get together next week, just call me!

mimiscraps said...

I blogged it too! LOL! It was crazy! Have a fun weekend!!

Emilee said...

great pictures! and i love the new look. that lightening was a cool one too. all growing up there i never thought the monsoons were anything cool until i left and now go back and see them...