CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

7.16.2008

Party time!

Last night we went with Jason's family to Amazing Jakes for our nephew's 7th birthday. We had a great time! I was a little skeptical, knowing it was expensive to get in, but I'm glad we went. They have lots of food choices at the all-you-can eat buffet and it was pretty good. We quickly figured out that the cards that you swipe to do all the games and rides can be switched between people, so we used that to our advantage and it helped with some of the cost. Brittney had a blast "driving" on the car games and riding the carousel, train and tea cups. I mostly just followed her around, moving from one thing to the next. We ate a couple of times :) and watched part of the Little Mermaid, which was playing in the food area. Before they closed, some of the adults decided to play a round of Laser Tag. My brother-in-law's gun wasn't working right, so the guy let us do it again. I must say I worked up a sweat chasing people around, but it was fun!

Since we were hot after Laser Tag, we decided to take a dip in the Packer's pool. It felt great and was a perfect ending to a fun night! Happy Birthday Tristen! We love you!

Note: The pictures don't show it, but Brittney really did have fun! She's figured out that I want smiles (or at least not frowns!) when I take pictures and she's just smart enough to either look at me very seriously or not to look at me at all. Little stinker, I can tell she's doing it on purpose! And so the attitude begins...:)

Train rides, climbing on skeeball, huge building blocks

I just love that face!


Notice the purple car, the ring and the bracelet. She got these as prizes for tickets. I told her the ring and bracelet were "princess", which she has been really into lately, but she still didn't smile!

Aunt Courtney juggling kids!

My favorite picture of the night. Brittney was being chased by Courtney and loving it!

2 comments:

Jessie and Byron said...

hey friend, call me, lets play!

Laura said...

I'm glad you guys had fun. I just have to say I love watching Brittney in nursery when I do singing time. She absolutely loves it- she got a kick out of rapping the ABC's. Have a good week!