CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

6.11.2008

TWO

It was 2 years ago Monday that a sweet little girl came into our lives and changed us forever! Brittney Ann was born Friday June 9th at 3:34 PM. She was 8lbs 12oz, 21 inches long and had lots of very dark hair! She came 4 days after my due date, and I had been having lots of contractions in the days before my induction was scheduled, so it didn't take long once I was admitted. I was put on pitocin around 8:30, my doctor broke my water at 12:30, and by 3:00 I was fully dilated and ready to push. It only took 3 pushes and she was out. I remember so clearly the first time I held her and how overwhelmed and happy I was to know that she was MINE! I remember saying "Hi baby" to her over and over again. I don't think I really knew what to say! It was so special to have my Mom and Jason standing right there as I held her in those first few moments of her life.

I was a little emotional and overwhelmed in those first couple of weeks. I don't think anyone can prepare you for the lack of sleep with a new baby. I also had a hard time with nursing and Brittney did too, but we soon got things figured out. It was not long before she was sleeping though the night. Brittney was a very happy baby and content most of the time. She was very alert and always wanting to be held up to look at her surroundings. It was easy and so fun to make her smile and giggle. I had the most fun (and still do!) dressing her up in all the tiny girly clothes I got at my shower.

At 3 months Brittney rolled over for the first time, had her first baby food at Thanksgiving, got her first 2 teeth at 6 months, had her first sick day a couple of days after her first teeth came in, crawled at 9 months, pulled to a standing position at 10 months, said "Dada" at a year and walked at 16 months.

Here are some of my favorite pictures...

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

 

 
Posted by Picasa
These days, Brittney loves to color. If she can get her hands on a writing instrument, pen, crayon, whatever, then she will ask to color. She loves all things Elmo and talks about it many times a day! She is starting to show an interest in cartoons and movies, now that we have watched Elmo 1 million times! If I would let her, she would play outside all day long, rain or shine, cold or hot! She loves to play with her babies and even talk to them like I talk to her. It's so cute and sweet! She loves her bear and her "buyda" (blanket) and we must have them close by her at home for comfort and security.


 
Posted by Picasa
On Saturday we had a little party with Jason's family along with the Lunt's and Mabey's from our ward. It was so much fun! We ordered pizza and had pasta salad and 7-layer bean dip. Brittney had the time of her life running around with all the kids. After we ate we visited and went swimming. The water was warm and the kids loved it! Then we sang happy birthday and Brittney blew out the candles on her cute flower cake. She loved opening her presents until she opened the piano from Jason's grandparents, and then she was having so much fun with it that she wasn't interested in anything else! She got lots of fun toys and cute clothes. Did I mention that I love dressing up my girl?!?! The weather was great that evening so we stayed outside for awhile to visit. Thank you to all who came and celebrated with us and made it so much fun! We also appreciate Jason's parents for letting us have the party at their house. We have great friends and family!

I just can't believe that my baby is 2! It seems like she was born such a short time ago, and yet I don't remember life without her. She is my little sunshine, the bright spot in my every day. There is not a day that goes by that I don't look at her, amazed that she is mine and that I will have her forever. I was reading a new book to her last night, and I smiled when I read the last page...

How do I love you?
It's impossible to say.
For if I had a million days
and time enough for all the praise,
I couldn't tell you all the ways...
I love you.

Happy Birthday baby girl! I love you!

7 comments:

Jenni Sue said...

What a sweet baby she was and now becoming such a beautiful little lady. Looks like you had a fun day!

Kristen said...

It only gets better Stephanie! Girls are sooo fun! Kelsi just had her 5th bday and it was so fun watching her get so excited. I will be losing her to kdergarten in August :( Enjoy every moment (you totally are!) What a great mom you are. ( I am impressed that you knew all of her firsts. I have to admit I am kind of a slacker at keeping track.

Shayla said...

So sweet! We had so much fun at the party, I love that Hunter loves Britt, and Britt loves ME! By the way, cute book, what is it?

Jessie and Byron said...

Oh yeah!! It was a fun birthday party! Crazy how time flies!

Livin' Wright said...

Happy Birthday Britt! I can't believe she is already 2! Sorry I couldn't make the party I was at good 'ol girls camp!

S and B H. said...

Happy Birthday! She looks so adorable in her swimsuit!! Looks like you had such a fun party.

ashley said...

I can't believe she is two! Although it feels like she might be older to me. She now looks a lot like her baby pictures... too cute!