CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

5.12.2008

"My Mother did not tell me how to live. She showed me."

I want to dedicate this post to my mom...It is hard to find the words to express my love for my mom. I am literally brought to tears when I think about everything she has done for me. I have to admit that in my teenage years, I didn't have the best relationship with my mom (or my dad, for that matter!) I always thought they were too strict and too hard on me. There were lots of things I didn't like about they way they parented me, but keep in mind, I was a TEENAGER at the time! I can now say without a doubt that, next to Jason, my mom is my best friend! We have grown really close since I've been married and out of the house and we are even closer now that I am a mom. I trust her and her opinion so much and I can always go to her if I need anything. She is so kind and very generous. She would do anything for any one of us kids or my dad, and she has sacrificed a lot in her life to give us the things we wanted and needed. She has a strong testimony and it shows in the way she carries herself and in the way she lives her life. She works hard to always have a clean house and is a good example to me of being organized in all things. She is always dropping things by my house, buying things for Brittney, picking up extra groceries for us and she still feeds me lunch a few times a week!

She is the BEST Nana to my Brittney and that girl adores her Nana more than anyone! She spoils her and does so many sweet things for her. My mom is always looking for any excuse to babysit. I will never be able to express enough gratitude for all the time she has spent with Brittney since I have been working. I had SUCH a hard time going to work after becoming a mom, since it was never something I planned on doing. I remember having a talk with her in her room one night, and I was in tears, and she looked at me and said (about watching Brittney) "Honey, we'll just make it work." Since then she has never looked back and she so willingly takes Brittney 2 or 3 times a week while I put in a few hours at work.

I could not ask for a better mom/friend! I can only hope that someday Brittney will feel the same way about me that I feel about my mom.

Mom, I truly hope you feel appreciated and loved, not just on Mother's day, but everyday, because we just couldn't do what we do without you! I love you!

**********************************************************
I just wanted to thank my husband for making my Mother's Day special...I got some pretty flowers and some Ben and Jerry's ice cream (a little joke between Jason and me). Jason also made brunch-we call it Jason's breakfast sandwiches, along with fried potatoes and orange juice. It was delicious and so thoughtful! He kept telling Brittney to give me extra hugs and kisses, which really is the best gift of all!I am so grateful and humbled to be the mom to this beautiful, amazing little girl. She is literally a dream come true and though there are lots of hard days and frustrating moments, there are so many more good days and wonderful moments I will never forget. I wouldn't trade it for anything! I love you Brittney!

5 comments:

S and B H. said...

cute post. Can't wait to get together after we get home. I am off to pack our warm clothes!!

SunGood said...

Your mom is awesome! What a sweet tribute to your mom!

Shayla said...

How sweet! Love that picture of you and Britt... very cute!

Livin' Wright said...

What a great post! Moms really are the best, and there is nothing greater than being one. (I never thought I would say that)

mimiscraps said...

ohhh your post gave me goose bumps. I think I am closer to my mom now too, then I was growing up. Funny how that does- Love the pictures. I am back to work, so I hope to see you tomorrow.