Better late than never, right? The reason for my tardiness in posting is because I've been trying to figure out my new camera! My parents bought us a camera for Christmas and I'm so excited about it. It's a Nikon coolpix with 8 megapixls and it came with a photo printer and 12 photo classes to go and learn more about the camera/picture taking! I can't wait to really learn about some of the settings so that my pictures will be amazing :)
Christmas was so much fun for us. We opened presents with my family Christmas morning. Santa definately found us and was very good to us all. I was SO excited to give Brittney her first dolly and a stroller to push her in, and she absolutely loves it! After she opened it, she didn't want anymore presents to open! I was very excited about one other gift from my sweet husband...my first dining table and 4 matching chairs! Yes, we have gone all these years with TV trays, not really by my choice! It was a fun surprise and I was touched he would do that for me. What a good guy I've got! We spent the rest of the day with my family since Jason's family was in Show Low. Christmas just wouldn't be Christmas without my Grandma's yummy buffet. Pretty much we hang out and play games and EAT! It was a good day! That Friday, as part of our Christmas, my parents treated me, my 2 grandmas and my little bro and sis to see Annie at Gammage. It was such a cute show! The little girl who played Annie was pretty amazing. Everyone was so talented. That was a fun treat! (I wanted to take a picture, but aparently, that is frowned upon!) That night we had Christmas with the Packers. We were very spoiled there too and Brittney got some DARLING outfits and fun toys. Then of course we played Rock Band to our hearts' content! So fun!
The only bad part of the week was having the flu on Sunday. YUCK! Thankfully, it was only the 24 hour bug. New Years Eve was spent at Packers, playing Rock Band (we are kinda hooked!) and Monopoly. We made a big to do at midnight with bubbly, cute hats and poppers. Brittney wasn't too sure about all the fuss! We loved sleeping in the next day and then went to my Grandma's for homemade noodles, another great tradition in the family. It was fun to get together and watch some football and play more games and eat more food :)
All in all, we had a GREAT week! We are so thankful for our families and for their kindness and generosity! I love being so close by so we can see them often. Brittney adores each of her grandparents and aunts and uncles, and they are so good to her. They do so much for us and I hope they know how much they are loved and appreciated.
I am so grateful for the Christmas season. I love the warm, peaceful feeling I get when I hear the Nativity story and sing Christmas carols. I am in awe and wonder at the humble circumstances in which our Savior was born. I love the general feeling of kindness and giving that seems to enter every person's heart and just wish that could last through the whole year. I guess that is part of what makes this season so special. I always get a little sad right about this time of year, since there is such a build up to Christmas, but I am looking forward to 2008 and the things it has in store for us. I have been so blessed and I love my little family!

7 comments:
A TABLE?!?!? How exciting!!! I want to see a pic posted! What did you end up getting for Jason? I will call ya soon! So happy you got a new camera...can't wait to see it :-) Love cameras!!!
I hope 2008 is better for you. I am nervous for this year its a year of sacrifices for us. We couldn't get together because there wasnt a moment to myself! with sick kids and family it just wasnt in the cards I saw one friend for about 3 whole minutes I was so hoping that people would randomly show up where I was but no luck! I will definately come again by myself and we can play then!
I'ts been a while since I've checked in on ya! I'm so glad you guys had a good Christmas and New Years!!
You guys did such a good job on sunday!! Caden thought his child of god crown was so cool! He wore it all night!!
Glad you had a great holidays and i'll see you at bunco at night!!
Hi Stephanie! It has been a while since we have seen you guys... your little girl is darling! I can't believe how big she is already. I love this whole blogging thing... now I can know what's going on with ya. I will add you to my list! Just leave your email at the blog below and I will add you to view my new one! I'm glad I found ya.
Ashley
www.happyfullerfamily.blogspot.com
Still waiting for that kitchen table pic! I know you are busy!! Hey do yu want that coupon? Call me. I might try calling you again on my way to school. Talk to you soon!!!
i used to think that your little girl was a mini you until i looked at these pictures! she is a good mix of both of you, i think. glad you had a good christmas and new year. love the pictures.
Post a Comment