I've been quite the boring blogger as of late. There just hasn't been much happening here at our casa, that is until tonight! So it would seem that my last post about Brittney taking some steps and finally walking was a little off. She really did take 5-6 steps that Friday night and then 2 different times the next day, but then for a week and a half she did not walk at all, nor did she even attempt it. We were wondering if we scared her when we started cheering and totally freaking out, or if she had decided that she just wasn't ready. Anyway, tonight I was here with her while Jason was at school and while I was folding laundry/watching TV she took a couple of steps and then she took off! She walked around the whole apartment all evening. It was so fun so get to see it click for her. And the best part is that I have pictures! My favorite part was watching her get from a sitting to a standing position. Each time it took her a couple of tries but it was so cute! There is such a sweet look of determination on her face and I can tell she is really concentrating on this new skill.

Chasing daddy down the hall

Look at those dirty knees/feet! There are a lot of miles on those things:)

Just a little bit wobbly

Ok Mom, enough pictures already!
Of course I happened to catch her with out her shorts on, but oh well. I guess those spontaneous pictures are the best kind anyway! I am so happy I could be with her to witness her first steps. I love being a mom! Well, time for bed, it's been a tiring day. After all, it's not everyday your child learns to walk!!!!!
8 comments:
HOW ADORABLE! Can't remember how I found your blog, but I've seen you on the Simply Obsessed MB. :) I'm pretty sure I found it through one of my friends though. Your little girl is so cute and how fun...her first steps. Those are exciting times!
Hey Steph! Yep, the connection is ME! :) I am the other owner! :)
You're right about the blog thing. It was Jamie's. I went to high-school with her husband. She is such a sweetie, I just love Jamie!
oh yay!!! She is so adorable!! We missed u tonight but bunco will be so much fun!!!
Isn't it amazing how they have a little mind of thier own? They decide when they eat, crawl, walk... you get it.
hey stephanie. i found you thru the grapevine of blogs. how are you? your little one is getting so big! i think the last time i saw you at deseret book you were prego. well, just wanted to say hi. www.scottandmareurkov.blogspot.com
k missy...its time for a new post:)
hey call me!!
THATS EXCITING
thaks for writing me I think about you guys a lot. How is school going? are you guys done? We are about to start again next fall (cross your fingers) so I am not excited for that but thats why we moved to utah time to make the next career move. how do I add a friend list?
that is so exciting that she is learning to walking. brynlee hasnt figured that out yet. i hear that if they walk after 14 months, they will be smarter! hooray for our smart girls. i have a friend who will not let her kids walk until after 14 months. if they stand up and try to walk, she will sit them back down! crazy huh? we actually live in Q.C. with the rest of the world but we absolutely LOVE it out here. my husband is a cop for coolidge so we are close for him. what about you guys?
Post a Comment