CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

8.29.2007

Twilight


I am a sucker for loves stories. There, I said it. There's just something about a sappy love story that does my heart a world of good. I used to spend hours at a time curled up in my parents comfy rocking chair reading a good book. But, let's just say that "life" happened :) and it's been years since I could spend hours and hours devoted to a good book. Well, a few weeks ago my cute friend Heidi Lynn asked me if I have ever read Twilight by Stephenie Meyer, and I told her I'd never even heard of it. Her jaw dropped and she said "You have to read it. It will change your life!" Well, I went and visited my good friend Meagen at my old place of employment (Deseret Book) and I purchased this life-changing book about which I had previously heard nothing. Well, Meagen also told me it was a great book and so I was excited. It was perfect timing to start, because 2 weekends ago we had a 12+ hour drive to SLC for my little bro's wedding. Well, 2 days and 500ish pages later, I am totally hooked! I read it most of the way up on Friday, late Friday in our hotel room, late Saturday in the same room, and I finished it Sunday afternoon by the time we hit Flagstaff. I could not get enough of this book. I was so nice to be able to read and read and not be interrupted since we had so much time in the car. It is considered a young adult book because the characters are high school aged, well sort of ;) but I still really liked it. True, it is about a vampire named Edward, which kinda sounds strange, but trust-you-me, he is the sweetest, handsomest, dreamiest vampire you will ever read about. He stole my heart right out from under Jason's nose and he refuses to give it back. And, since I pretty much overdosed on Edward last weekend, I am going though major withdrawals! I think my husband was surprised that I was so into this book, because like I said, it's been so long since I have read like that(wait, maybe never!) but anyway, we stopped for a potty break on the way home and as we were walking inside, with a big smile on my face, I put my arm around my husband and said "Do you think maybe we could change your name to Edward?" Needless to say, he gave me the most dirty/comical look I have ever seen and I just laughed. The best part is that there are 2 more books in the series and I heard possibly 3 more! Well, I think I just might have to drive myself down and visit my friend Meagen and pick up the next book. Maybe she'll even share her discount with me wink, wink. I think it will be a very late night tonight, with the new book in hand. Seriously, if you need a good book, get it. So many people I know have read it and are hooked too. You won't be disappointed!

1 comment:

McMemories said...

steph!!! I love these books and i just finished the third one last week!! Love them!! The fourth comes out next fall:( so i have to wait a whole year!But i second that to anyone who hasnt read these to read them, and I am not a huge reader!!